Hey guys and gals, a long time has passed since I’ve contributed to hellaPR, and I promise there’s a good reason. Things have changed and life is starting to pass by quicker. My passion for blogging remains, yet my focus has shifted. I’ve relaunched chelseapearl.com into a beauty and fashion blog, leaving plenty of room and flexibility for my other passions including travel and city life. I’m getting a lot of satisfaction out of it; documenting my mid-twenties with photos and stories, having a lot of fun tying in sponsors, local businesses, and friends in the process.
So with that said, I invite you to please check out the new chelseapearl.com and subscribe on Bloglovin. I hope you’re all doing well!
Hi friends, readers, and random web surfers. Since I’ve seen many of these brief bulleted blog posts on personal updates lately, so I thought I’d chime in on what’s new with me since my hellaPR blog posts have been rather sparse this year.
- Landed my first “real” job earlier this year
- Received my first “real” layoff later this year
- Turned 24 – gained an even deeper feeling of my quarter life crisis; faced the sad truth and difficulty of gaining true independence
- Traveled North – camping in breathtaking British Columbia and exploring beautiful Washington & quirky Oregon
- Traveled abroad – taking a spontaneous trip to France and experiencing the harvest and helping out with the remontage in Provence, then gallivanting through Paris, one of my favorite cities in the world
- Worked many, many, many promotions jobs, representing numerous consumer brands, thankfully earning enough to make my student loan payments each month
- Worked a lot harder on OMGbuymeTHIS.com, the fashion blog I co-author with Mallory Mitchell – the blog is gaining exponential traffic, real traction on search engines and other blogs, and scoring some sweet perks from affiliates and publicists representing some cool apparel and cosmetic brands
- Worked and am still working hard at finding a new job – facing one of the toughest job markets in, arguably, all time, but keeping a positive attitude with every recruiter I connect with and every company I interview with
With that all said, it’s time to turn a new leaf and reinvigorate my passion for blogging here and sharing my thoughts on marketing, public relations, and social media, with a dash of my own job search and Generation Y struggles and successes along the way. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned.